Favorite books of 2016 // Reading goals & most anticipated books for 2017

by - Januar 03, 2017

I know, I know, I'm late with this blog post, but I wanted to talk about my reading year nonetheless. I have to admit I didn't read as much as I've wanted to read in 2016 and in December I really struggled with finishing my Goodreads challenge of 150 books - but I managed to complete the challenge on the last day of the year, which I was really happy about.

Even though 150 books are a lot, for me it doesn't feels like I've read this much, mostly because a lot of these books weren't really convincing to me and I really had a problem to find some books that I now count as my favorites. Actually there are just four/five books that I thought were totally amazing and that were these beauties:





A Court of Mist And Fury was a book that really surprised me, mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the characters in A Court of Thornes and Roses, but the sequel just blew my mind and I can't wait to read the conclusion to this series this year.

Colleen Hoover is just one of my favorite authors and it was so cool that she visited Germany last september and I got my books signed by her at the Thalia in Hamburg (by the way, I really love love love the bookstore there, none of the ones in my locality have that many english books). It Ends With Us was a book that I had none expectations about, I didn't even really knew what it was about because I didn't wanted to spoil myself and I was also scared that I would be disappointed, because I expected too much from her last books after I've Ugly Love, which I love to death. But most importantly, It Ends With Us came out to be such an amazing book and I cried several times while and after reading it, just because the story is so realistic and heartbreaking in the end.

The next book that is definitely one of my all time favorites is Six of Crows/ Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I was a bit hesitant about this duology because the Grisha trilogy wasn't really it for me, but Six of Crows definitely is a million times more amazing and fascinating and I absolutely love these two books. You really don't want to know how many scenes and quotes I marked in there :D

With Lady Midnight it feels like I've read this book a long long time ago, but it really was at the beginning of 2016, which feels kind of far away for me, even though the year went by really fast.
Lady Midnight was the first book by Cassandra Clare since the first City of Bones books that didn't disappointed me and I think that was mostly the reason why I liked it so much. I just didn't expected it to be this good, which is always a great thing - I love it when books surprise me like this.


Of course there were more books in 2016 that I really liked but didn't made my best-books-of-2016-list and that are for example:
- the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter
- Was auch immer geschieht by Bianca Iosivoni
- Geteiltes Blut.com/ Geteiltes Blut Messenger by Alena and Alexa Coletta
- the Starcrossed series by Leisa Rayven
- Kein Kuss wie dieser by Tanja Voosen

xxx

For 2017 I set the goal for my reading challenge a litte bit  lot lower than last year. It's not just that I am a little bit occupied with university stuff, which I started last fall, I also wanted to do a little bit more writing, which definitely came to short last year. 
Because of that I decided that I wanted to read at least 100 books this year, which is still pretty much and I hope that I am able to reach this goal :-)

Also I am really excited for some of the books that will come out over the next few months and some of the books that I honestly can't wait to get my hands on are: 
- Trust Again & Feel Again by Mona Kasten (I did like Begin Again, but I also hope that Trust Again will be even better and I'd really wish it already was January 13)
- of course A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas, which will be the conclusion to the ACOTAR series and will come out in May I think. I am also exited for the last installment in the Throne of Glass series by this author, but currently I'm just more invested in the characters from ACOTAR
- Every Little Thing by Samantha Young, just because nearly no book by her every disappointed me and after The One Real Thing I'm totally ready for Baileys and Vaughns story
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare, because obviously I liked Lady Midnight very much and want to know what happens to Emma and Julian and the rest of the Blackthorn family
- Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo. You know why - after reading Six of Crows I honestly think Leigh Bardugo is one of the greatest authors ever
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth, because I liked her writing in the divergent series, even if I never finished it because I didn't liked Tris anymore. Also the blurb sounds very promising in my opinion 
- Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I think that also doesn't need further explanation - books by this author almost never leave me unsatisfied 
- Always & Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. I never thought I would say this after reading The Summer I turned pretty (which I really really didn't liked at all) but I begin to like this author and Lara Jean is such a sweet character that I'm really looking forward to this book

I think that's everything for the moment. Of course there are probably more books this year that I'm exited about but these few are my most anticipated reads of 2017 I think. 

And now I will just stop talking because this blog post is already quite long (longer than I expected it to be) and if you've really read the whole thing to the end you probably deserve an award :-)

x Kathi

You May Also Like

0 Kommentare